Ryan is an experienced litigator, having been an U.S. Army Judge Advocate, Assistant District Attorney, and Partner at a national law firm. He strives to provide a personal touch to all his clients according to his professional motto, “Making your problems my problems, so we can solve them together.” Ryan has experience litigating all matter of cases including insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, construction defect, personal injury, premises and landlord liability, oil field and industrial death and injury, and trucking accident cases. Ryan has also handled appeals on behalf of oil well operators and transportation companies.
Significant accomplishments include:
- obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurer’s challenge to a claimant’s improper claims to Class I UM/UIM benefits as lead counsel;
- obtained Plaintiff’s withdrawal of unsupported life-long brain injury claims made by a minor against an apartment complex owner as lead counsel;
- obtained summary judgment on the morning of trial on behalf of the New Mexico Department of Transportation regarding claimed construction defects during a road widening project as lead and trial counsel;
- first attorney to respond to a catastrophic bus accident and arriving with an accident reconstructionist while the vehicles were still in their post-accident location, the only attorney to have done so, preserving evidence critical to his client’s defense;
- obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of an oil well operator in a wrongful death case as lead counsel in a case alleging over $10,000,000 in damages;
- arbitrated and mediated over 30 automobile accident cases as staff counsel to a national insurer;
- negotiated an international technical arrangement between the United States and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan as a U.S. Army Judge Advocate;
- tried multiple felony trials to jury verdict as a Judge Advocate and Assistant District Attorney.
Ryan recently earned an MBA, which he has used to advise multiple start-up and growing businesses on matters of risk management. He enjoys working with companies at all states of growth and operation to help them become successful while minimizing the risk of costly, unnecessary litigation through proactive planning and deliberate strategizing.
In addition to being an experienced litigator, Ryan is an accomplished pilot who continues to work as an active flight instructor.
Ryan understands that emergencies happen 24/7, and he is available to respond to an accident scene, or to meet you to begin planning and strategizing for your case in your moment of crisis, day or night.
University of New Mexico, 2018 Master in Business Administration (4.0+ GPA)
United States’ Army Judge Advocate General School, Judge Advocate Basic Officer Course Graduate (Dean’s List)
Seton Hall University School of Law, 2009 Juris Doctor (magna cum laude)
Middle Tennessee State University, B.S. in Aviation Maintenance Management (magna cum laude)